[dc]L[/dc]ast Sunday, my wife Krista bought a new stamp set labeled, “What I Love Today.” She took a new journal and put the stamp on the cover (see photo) and now the O’Connor family has a brand new “What I Love Today” journal.
That night, we each took turns writing in it and sharing what we loved about our relaxing Sunday.
Have you taken time to think what you love about today? It has a huge influence on who you are and how you do what you do!
Here’s what I wrote…
- I loved sitting next to my beautiful wife in church.
- I loved learning about God’s word. (Ephesians 4:1-5)
- I loved drinking coffee, eating muffins and reading the Sunday paper.
- I loved being in the office listening to Krista hum and sing while I worked on our taxes, which I don’t love.
- I love the fact that I’m almost finished with our taxes.
- I loved walking with my sister Rosemary on the San Clemente beach trail.
- I loved finding an awesome piece of olive-colored sea glass! Lots of other little gems!
- I loved reading Aidan’s story (11) of what he loved about his day. Very fun!
- I loved going in the jacuzzi.
- I love that I’ll be going on a roadtrip with my boys this coming weekend.
- I love this new book!
Taking time to sit down and think about what you love can make a big difference in your outlook and attitude about life. I’m reminding that the more I practice thanksgiving and gratefulness, the more I walk in wonder and awe of God. Surprise your family and friends today…make your own “What I Love Today” journal and share it with them!
Here’s a whole collection of journals available on Amazon! (I love journals!)
Questions: What do you love about your life? How can practicing gratefulness actually change your perspective? How can thanksgiving exert a powerful influence on your creativity and imagination?