[I]f you’re looking to find divine inspiration in your life, art and creative work, you just may want to check out Scott McElroy’s excellent book, Finding Divine Inspiration: Working with the Holy Spirit in Your Creativity. Scott and I recently had a video conversation about his book, art in the Church and the upcoming Creative Church Conferences that he is hosting June 15-17 in Indianapolis, Indiana and July 13-15 in Boise, Idaho. Scott has a deep passion for God and seeing the arts thrive in the Church. I hope you enjoy this conversation we had and that you share it with your friends. Scott and I talked about a number of important things for seeing both artists and art flourish in the Church…
In this interview, I asked Scott several questions about artistry, walking with God, Finding Divine Inspiration and the upcoming Creative Church Conferences…
- What was the process for you getting involved with the arts?
- Why did you write Finding Divine Inspiration and what is the essence of the book?
- Why is it important for artists to listen for God’s voice as they create?
- Why did you develop the Creative Church Conference?
- Why are arts conferences like this important for artists in the Church?
- Who’s going to be speaking at the conference and what will artists experience?
Interested in the Creative Church Conference? Here’s more info…
When: June 15-17 (Indianapolis), July 13-15 (Boise)
Where: Indianapolis Vineyard Community Church 8383 Craig St. Indianapolis, IN 46250
Website & Registration: TheNewR.com
Who: Speakers include:
- Rory Noland (Author, The Heart of the Artist)
- Theresa Dedmon (Author, Arts Leader @ Bethel Church)
- Joe Boyd (Actor, Teacher, Filmmaker)
- J. Scott McElroy (Author, Finding Divine Inspiration, New Renaissance Arts Movement)
- Jessie Nilo (Director VineArts Boise
- Beth Booram (Author, Awaken Your Senses)
- And more…
Cost: Full Conference $75
Single Day (Fri or Sat) $45
Evening Sessions Fri. –Rory Noland $15, Sat.–Theresa Dedmon $15
Who should attend? If you are an artist, pastor, or leader interested in the arts in the local church, you need to be a part of The Creative Church Conference.
Click here to get your copy of Finding Divine Inspiration: Working with the Holy Spirit in Your Creativity. Your purchase helps support the Art, Life & Faith blog.
(Click here for Kindle Version)
Questions: In your creative life, how do you listen to God for divine inspiration? What thoughts did Scott share that encouraged you as an artist?
I’d love your comments and feedback.