For Easter Week 2012, I want to share one of the most beautiful Good Friday and Easter songs I’ve ever heard–In Christ Alone. Written by Stuart Townend and Keith Getty, the lyrics of In Christ Alone are packed with amazing, life-changing Truth and deep theological thought. Focused on the life of Jesus Christ from cradle to grave to resurrection, this song offers hope, comfort and perspective to the challenges of life. It offers so many wonderful insights into the benefits of walking with Christ every day. Tell yourself this Easter, “In Christ alone…” It just make all the difference in the world. Here are a few creative ways you can use In Christ Alone for your family and friends this week.
Here’s some ways I’d like to encourage you to reflect on the words of this song this week…
- Read and meditate on one paragraph each morning leading up to Easter Sunday.
- If you like to write in a journal like I do, write down your reflections.
- Identify a key line that speaks to your heart about what Christ has done for you.
- Ask yourself, “How does this song reflect God’s deep love for me?”
- Look up key Passion Week bible verses that relate to the song.
- Print off the lyrics below and share them with family and friends.
- Play the song at Easter gatherings with your family or friends.
- Read the song as a prayer before your Easter meal.
- Tweet this link, share it with a friend on Facebook or email it to a friend today.
Lyrics to In Christ Alone
In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand.
In Christ alone! who took on flesh
Fulness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones he came to save:
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied –
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.
There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain:
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave he rose again!
And as He stands in victory
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine –
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I’ll stand.
Questions: How can you live with the great hope expressed in this song, making Christ your all and all? What do you love most about Easter week?