If you want to cultivate a beautiful life, one of the first steps is cultivating good thinking. Have you ever killed a creative project or abandoned an artistic work by filling your mind with negative thoughts? Do your relationships suffer in any way because of poor thinking? Have you ever destroyed a dream because of the things you tell yourself? I’ve done all three of these things and more, which is why I love my friend’s new book, ShiftPoints: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life. I think you’ll enjoy this interview with Dean Del Sesto and why a shift in your thinking can change your life. You also have a chance to win a free copy…
Dean’s new book, ShiftPoints: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life is filled with 200 short essays that are designed to improve your life, work and relationships. Dean has worked with artists and creatives for many years with his design and branding companies. What I love most about Shiftpoints is that it is helpful, laser-specific and practical. Each Shiftpoint is digestible in one-page increments. The titles of each chapter are enough to draw you in and provoke your thinking…
- People have many brands to chose from. You are one of them!
- ASAP isn’t a commitment–it’s confusion.
- Self-control is nothing more than managing life from the inside out.
- If you want people to value what you say, capture NOT their ears, but their imagination.
- Are you in the habit of habitually ignoring the value of habits?
In this conversation with Dean, we talked about the following topics:
- Why would a creative person or artist read ShiftPoints?
- What ShiftPoints are relative to the creative field?
- What does it mean to have your own personal brand?
- As an ad agency, CEO, what have you noticed in working with creatives?
- You counseled and advised many creatives. What comes up most often?
I’m both a friend and a fan of Dean and his work. ShiftPoints has challenged some of my worst thinking and helped me consider how small, simple shifts can bring dramatic results in my life. I hope you’ll pick up a copy today. You won’t be disappointed.
Here’s how you can get your free copy of ShiftPoints today.
1) Post a comment here on Art, Life and Faith.
Questions: What is one area in your life that could be dramatically improved by changing your thinking? How is your creative life sabotaged by negative thinking? How is it enhanced by good thinking?
You’ve just read Art, Life, Faith Interview: ShiftPoints with Dean Del Sesto. (Click here to comment now.)